Sunday 4 October 2015

Some dreams don’t let you sleep..

Before you start reading this lemme warn you that this particular blog is nothing else but mush. So friends please read the following at your risk. OK it’s not that bad in totality but then..

So back to my topic for the week “dreams”-funny things. You dream to aspire, you dream to become something in life, follow someone as a mentor or it may be a zillion different things. I too have a set of dreams, some which make me smile, some that make me ponder in emptiness, some so weird that I am like…whoa and some I have are good enough to be made into horror movies.

Then why am I writing this, are you wondering the same thing? Yeah me too..but I swear I am getting there. So often, off late when the entire household is asleep and finally when I am done with the day, I am either found with a book and some green tea or watching some of my favorite comic series on telly. I enjoy this ME time so much that I generally get too excited to sleep and then sleep wanders off. So until sleep bestowed upon me, I used to watch some more telly or would browse or re-read or do something of absolute no importance. Finally one night I decided to do nothing but think, I mean not of things to do or anything or about the day today life..just think. And then is when it all began.



You know the possibilities of what is going happen in your future or re-doing some fun bits of your past are so engrossing that it will most likely put a smile on your face. Like I remember walking on the beach at wee hours of night with my college friends, such a stupid idea in today’s time and unsafe. But every time I go back to relive that memory it is exactly the same amount of innocence and fun like it was back then. This one time my grandpa made me write a letter to the municipal commissioner requesting to repair and renovate the children’s park in our town, and guess what I even got a reply back from him. Was only about ten I think. I also think a lot more about the crazy young days I had and trust me I am ready to trade some of my future years to relive those, all over again.

The future is no less enterprising, I see a happier me. I see my future embellished with the love of a pet. I can totally see myself doing the ‘’eat” thing in Italy. The smell, the vision, the taste are so clear in my mind that only for the sake of reassurance of my imagination, I would like to do in the future… again. The future insights of fun filled times with friends and family makes me feel secured. I see tears of pride in my eyes on the achievements of my children. And at the same time I don’t want them to grow up ever. I see myself in the Himalayas, enjoying the peace and calm. I mean, see how good my life is already.

I know you are wondering why I haven’t mentioned about all the struggles and about moments of hardships, of course they are there but the positive of the fond memories and the wondrous life ahead makes it easier. When has ever thinking about things that did not happen helped in getting answers? but looking at the present and the treasures of life that might unfold are much better perspectives of life.


By the end of it all, I am happy to have re-lived the past and tried my hand at the future. And slowly I drift into the cushioning of sleep cuddled up with a smile on my face.

1 comment: